Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Review: Pieces of Forever by H. D'Agostino

Title: Pieces of Forever
Author: H. D'Agostino
Release date: July 2018
Source: ARC from Author
Buy Links:

Synopsis:


Does having everything you desire make your life perfect? Does having a perfect life mean you’re happy? 

I had a perfect life once upon a time. It was the life I deemed myself deserving of. I had a wife, a child, a successful business. I was happy, but I was also blind. 

I didn’t see my faults until it was too late. One moment changed it all. It changed me and cost me everything. Everything I thought I needed to find happiness disappeared, and nothing else mattered. 

All that I need is to get a few of the pieces back. Pieces of my perfect forever are the only thing that can make me whole again.



REVIEW

Pieces of Forever was a book that took me on an often emotional journey, grabbing my attention and holding my heart captive while my mind worked overtime to piece together the clues to what exactly was going on.  With characters who reeled me in, had me caring for them and wanting to understand more and had me holding out for a happy ending. 

Jackson is clearly a good man, though one with a tragic past, a tragic past that has changed him and left him hurting and haunted.  Tessa's got her own past issues, but she's trying to live a good and happy life in the now.  There's a definite connection and strong chemistry between these two right from the start. 

Though parts of the story are easy to figure out - I enjoyed the fact that there were still things that surprised me.  What I enjoyed about this story was the way it built up and delivered this second chance for these two characters.  This story will hit you in the feels and tug on  your heart strings from the first page to the last and linger after you have finished.  

No comments:

Post a Comment