Thursday, June 4, 2015

Review: The Mistake by Elle Kennedy

Title: The Mistake
Author: Elle Kennedy
Released on: 4/28/15
Source: Purchased
Links: Goodreads~ Amazon


Synopsis:

He’s a player in more ways than one…

College junior John Logan can get any girl he wants. For this hockey star, life is a parade of parties and hook-ups, but behind his killer grins and easygoing charm, he hides growing despair about the dead-end road he’ll be forced to walk after graduation. A sexy encounter with freshman Grace Ivers is just the distraction he needs, but when a thoughtless mistake pushes her away, Logan plans to spend his final year proving to her that he’s worth a second chance.

Now he’s going to need to up his game…

After a less than stellar freshman year, Grace is back at Briar University, older, wiser, and so over the arrogant hockey player she nearly handed her V-card to. She’s not a charity case, and she’s not the quiet butterfly she was when they first hooked up. If Logan expects her to roll over and beg like all his other puck bunnies, he can think again. He wants her back? He’ll have to work for it. This time around, she’ll be the one in the driver’s seat…and she plans on driving him wild.

My Review: 

After reading The Deal, I couldn't wait for this book. Hilariously sweet romances involving hot hockey players, Yes Please!  I didn't think Elle Kennedy could make me love a book more than I loved The Deal. I. Was. WRONG! 

John "Logan" drew me in from page one, well okay so I liked him in The Deal to start with.  I loved watching him figure things out and decide what he really wanted. Realizing he was going to have to work HARD at getting Grace to give him any attention much less another chance, Fabulous.  I giggled, I cheered, I was left breathless in anticipation of what was going to come next.  And through it all, I also saw the real heartfelt struggle he had and how dedicated he was to proving himself and that they could be a winning couple. 

Grace was a wonderful character. I loved her Sass and snark and touch of evilness.  I loved that she didn't just give in and that she made Logan work for it.  Her "list" had me dying from laughter and curious how he was going to pull things off.  

Ultimately, Grace and Logan made this book as much fun as The Deal was and really brought a wonderful story to life without being boring or like every other sports romance out there.  It was really a fabulous read and I look forward to future books in the series. 





No comments:

Post a Comment