Thursday, June 4, 2015

Review: #Selfie by Cambria Hebert



Title: #Selfie

Author: Cambria Hebert

Released on: May 18, 2015

Source: Purchased

Links: Goodreads ~ Amazon









Synopsis:


It’s all about the #Selfie.

She was the one girl I never wanted.

Until I had her.

One night.

One mistake.

Something we both wanted to forget.

I got rid of the proof. The one piece of evidence that could remind us both.

At least, I thought I did.

When it shows up on the school Buzzfeed, rumors fly. Friendships are tested and the feels get real.

I don’t do relationships. I don’t open my heart.

Especially for a girl everyone knows I hate.

What happens during spring break, stays in spring break.

Until it follows you home.
 


My Review:

I was so excited to read #selfie because I have loved Braeden since the start of the Hashtag series.  I was very interested in learning who and what could make our boy settle down. Add in the fact tht we were supposed to finally find out who the #BuzzBoss was and I was giddy. I had my theories going into the book about A) Who Braeden's girl would be and B) Who the BuzzBoss was, but as always Cambria Hebert blew my expectations out of the water. 

To keep this review Spoiler free, I'm not even going to mention who B ends up with, you'll just have to read. What I will say is that I loved how their relationship started, how neither one was really sure what they were doing but couldn't back off completely either.  I loved that there was a general build up from previous books that finally just combusted and could only go in this direction.  I felt that they really were perfect for each other and I was happy to read their story and see how it worked out. 

I LOVED this book as much as if not more than the previous three books in the series.  It had everything, humor, sweetness, Steam, a bit of mystery, a little raging irritation and also a huge feeling of YES! I was right which was followed quickly by DANG IT I was right! I had guessed the buzz bosses identity, but I wasn't happy to be right about it.   There was also a little bit of heavy stuff, and I have to admit that I wasn't sure which way I felt Braeden should go with his new found knowledge, but I think in the end he handled it as best he could and we'll just have to pray it doesn't blow up in his face. 

#Selfie gave us more glimpses into the other Hashtag characters as well and I loved that though the focus was on Braeden and his relationship struggle that we got to see things with his friends as well.  I also found it endearing that both Romeo and Rimmel figured it all out and kept quiet about it until the end and then were just very up front and honest and sort of like DUH! about it.  

Looking forward to more of the #Hashtag Series and seeing these characters and where their paths take them next.  Rock on Alpha U! 


No comments:

Post a Comment