Friday, May 12, 2017

Review Blitz: Real Dirty by Meghan March

 


   Real Dirty AMAZON

I have everything a guy could want—a new single burning up the charts, more money than a simple country boy could spend, and a woman I’m planning to marry. Until she doesn’t show up for my proposal. The life I thought was so perfect, isn’t. The guy who thought he had everything, doesn’t. I’ve got my heart on lockdown, but life sends me straight into the path of a mouthy bartender who puts me in my place. Now the only place I want to put her is under me. I thought I was done with love, but maybe I’m just getting started.  

Amazon | iBooks | BN | Kobo | Google Play

   
Review

When we met Boone Thrasher previously, he was making big plans to feature his new car in not only a song but a proposal to his girlfriend.

Enter Boone's story, or at least part one of his story, and we find ourselves in the midst of the fallout of that romantic notion, namely one girlfriend not showing up and a proposal not happening.  When Boone finds out the reasons for the latter, he's (understandably) more than a little upset.  Finding solace in a few drinks, Boone finds himself in a sparsely populated bar, with a feisty bartender who isn't charmed by his celebrity or his looks.

Ripley's life hasn't been great and it's all led her here to this moment, the moment when another entitled celebrity enters her world expecting things to go his way. But that's not her way and she's not falling for it, except of course that lingering awareness of this man as more than the bad boy country singer.

Boone finds himself pulled in teh direction of Ripley because she's not like any woman he's ever known and for more reasons than  he can explain that's a very appealing prospect.  But Ripley's not so eager to find herself involved in any way with Boone and it seems the more he tries to help her and get to know her, the worse things seem to get.

Ripley's got family problems, a father who doesn't seem to care about her, a cousin who's doing everything she can to undermine Ripley at their failing bar, and a painful history with the media. All reasons why she shouldn't become involved in any way with Boone Thrasher; but since when is the heart practical.   After the scandal of having his heart broken very publically, Boone should be avoiding trouble, but he just can't help himself. Despite his manager and PR person, he is compelled to see more of Ripley and get to know her and in doing so furthers the media's stories about the scandal of his ex and newly formed rumors about Ripley.

Real Dirty was entertaining - it pulled me into the story, not just with Boone's upset over the break up but with Ripley and her struggles with the bar, with her past, and her desire to not get tangled up with a celebrity.  The chemistry between Ripley and Boone was off the charts, and even before they gave in to it, I was rooting for them.  The added drama from the media and Ripley's family issues just gave them more to work through and prove that there was more between them than a little seduction.

With a twist at the end, Real Dirty, left me anxious to know what is coming next for Ripley and Boone and how things will ultimately work out.  Meghan March has such a way with words that not only does she pull you in, but she keeps you intensely locked in, desperate to know what's coming and lost in the characters.



  

           Real Sexy AMAZON

In Nashville, country stars are a dime a dozen. I swore I’d never get caught up with one, but Boone Thrasher made a liar out of me. I said I’d never put my heart on the line, but he didn’t ask before he stole it. Now we’re facing my worst fears, and we'll see if this country boy is tough enough to see it through. Girls like me don’t get happily ever afters… but maybe he’ll prove that wrong too.  

PRE-ORDER NOW - RELEASING MAY 23

Amazon | iBooks | BN | Kobo | Google Play

     
meghanmarchpic
Meghan March has been known to wear camo face paint and tromp around in woods wearing mud-covered boots, all while sporting a perfect manicure. She's also impulsive, easily entertained, and absolutely unapologetic about the fact that she loves to read and write smut. Her past lives include slinging auto parts, selling lingerie, making custom jewelry, and practicing corporate law. Writing books about dirty talking alpha males and the strong, sassy women who bring them to their knees is by far the most fabulous job she's ever had. She loves hearing from her readers at meghanmarchbooks@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment