Friday, September 18, 2015

Review: Sacrifice by Adriana Locke

Title: Sacrifice
Author: Adriana Locke
Released: 7/12/15
Source: Purchased for kindle
Link: http://www.amazon.com/Sacrifice-Adriana-Locke-ebook/dp/B011HI0WII/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

Synopsis:

My life changed forever the night my husband died. 
I was left with a shattered heart, a heap of bills, and our daughter, EVERLEIGH. I don’t want to rely on anyone, least of all CREW GENTRY. He’s my first love and the man who almost destroyed me, the man who has let me down every time I’ve needed him. 
But when tragedy strikes a second time, Crew just might be my only hope. 

My life changed forever the night my brother died. 
I was left with a guilty conscience, a pile of mistakes, and little else. I take care of JULIA GENTRY, my brother’s widow and the love of my life, and their daughter. I know she doesn’t want my help, but she gets it anyway. I owe her that. 

When another disaster hits, I’m given the opportunity to make things right. I’m taking it. I'm willing to sacrifice it all.

My Review: 




This story is a lot, its about more than a fighter, about more than a couple, and about more than grief.

Julia has been through a lot. She's lost her husband and struggles to keep things strong and okay for their daughter Everleigh.  But Julia lost something else too, the friendship she had with her brother-in-law.  What they have now, she doesn't really want, she feels stuck into accepting his help.

Crew also struggles with his current part in both Julia and his niece Everleigh's lives.  He wants to be the one they can count on, the man he knows he can be, but to get there, he's going to have to prove it and show that though his past has shaped him, he's changed and grown up.

There is a LOT going on in this story, pain and tears, heartfelt moments and heartbreaking scenes, but through it all Crew and Julia come together to do one thing: Get through to the other side.  Survive this battle life has thrown their way.

This is a story about growing up and realizing who you are and who you want to be. About making changes and taking what you want when life throws you curve balls. Crew doesn't give up, though others think he will fail, he finally has it in him to prove them wrong and is able to get through to Julia and show her he's more than what she thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment