Thursday, December 31, 2015

End of the Year Wrap UP AKA (some of) My Favorites of 2015

I've been looking at all these other blogs with end of the year best. Best Ten, Top Five, etc etc. Well me, I can't do that. I cannot pick 5 or 10 books and call it good. SO Instead I broke down into categories and listed anywhere from 3 to 5 authors OR books that I'd recommend from those that I read this year. Not your typical end of year post... but it's what works for me. In no particular order or importance. I've linked all of my choices either to the authors Goodreads page where you can see their entire backlist OR to the books direct amazon page.



 Complex or Damaged Characters

 These are the authors who right the best complex or Damaged characters. The ones with flaws or have made huge mistakes or bad decisions or any number of other issues but you can’t help but fall in love with them and enjoy their stories as they try to change their lives.


1. J.C. Hannigan
2. Lia Riley
3. Sarina Bowen


 Debut Authors to keep watching

 These Authors released their first book in 2015. Though a couple of them have released more than one book in 2015 it was their debut novels that I read first and made me fall in love with their writing styles. I look forward to reading more of what they have to offer in 2016.

1. Fiona Cole
2. MK Meredith
3. Karla Sorenson
4. Katrina Kirkpatrick
5. Taylor Sullivan


 Memorable Books

Thes are the books that stuck with me long after I finished reading.  They had some sort of impact and left me thinking of them afterwards.

1. Pretty Pink Ribbons by KL Grayson
2. One Life by AJ Pine
3.  The Shameless Hour by Sarina Bowen
4. My Soul To Keep by Kennedy Ryan
5. Bright Side by Kim Holden


 Books that made me Laugh out Loud

 Whether at the occasional scene or almost the entire book.

1. The Mistake/The Deal/The Score AKA the Off Campus Series by Elle Kennedy
2. The Allure of Julian Lefray by R.S. Grey
3. Deep by Kylie Scott

 Fave Sports Romance

Books that involved sports romance in some sort.  Be it Hockey or Football or whatever.

1. Hooked by Love by Toni Aleo
2. Zach by Sawyer Bennett
3. #Hashtag Series by Cambria Hebert

 Series I loved that I started in 2015

These are series that released more than one book in 2015. The Series may or may not be complete now, but I loved all of the books written in them so far.

1. Mechanics of Love by Megan Erickson
2. LOST by Cynthia Eden
3. Bureau by Megan Mitcham

Paranormal/Fantasy

Shifters, Vampires, Psi and more.

1. Belong to the Night by Bridget Blackwood
2. Shards of Hope by Nalini Singh
3. The Shadows by JR Ward


There obviously were lots of other books I read through the year that released and other authors that I truly adore.  But these are just a few that fit into the categories I chose.

No comments:

Post a Comment